Book contributes capital to educate generations and quench the thirst of knowledge. LPS school library is a structure within the school that houses a collection of books, audio-visual material and other content that serves common use to meet the educational, informative and recreational needs of the students. Well-equipped library with vast series of books whose doors to learning are always open with various refreshers, competitive books, fiction stories variety of newspapers, magazines, journals, story books etc to cater different skills of the students.
Our library meets the academic needs of the students and teachers. Besides serving students in their studies and teachers in their research school, libraries aim at creating interest in reading amongst the students who get the best of resources and environment here.
Our resources include approximately 2000 books including fiction stories, range of national daily newspapers, the weekly local paper and also magazines covering academic, sporting and other interests
Effective Features of LPS library
- It offers quality programs that support the curriculum.
- Help teachers integrate information literacy skills into learning activities.
- Promote information literacy by helping students develop skills to find, evaluate, use, create and share information and knowledge.
- Enrich student reading experiences and develop independent reading skills.
- Support teaching and learning strategies.
- Provide teachers with professional support.
- Source and deliver suitable and current resources in multiple formats.
- Maintain collections that meet the needs of Lingayaiets.
- Use current technologies to provide easy access to information.
- Offer stimulating teaching and learning environments.
- Reflect and support the social and cultural profile of the school.
- Operate efficient library systems.